Animals have an innate ability to quickly become family members and best friends. It’s only natural to feel upset and sadness when a pet dies. Grief can be complicated and is highly personal. Some experience in stages, others find it to be cyclical, coming in waves. Grief for our animal companions can only be dealt with over time, but here are some suggestions:
- Reach out to others who have lost pets and talk about it
- Don’t be afraid to be emotional
- Create a legacy to remember your faithful friend
- Look after yourself
- Seek professional help if you need it
- Try to maintain your normal routine
- Watch our Family Care Video
Are You Still Looking for Help?
You only have to go as far as your phone. Give us a call at (604) 924-1160. Or send us an email. We promise to respond to your inquiries by providing the most up-to-date information, in a most timely way.